MUSIC SUBMISSION GUIDELINES / RELEASES
COMPILATION SUBMISSIONS are CLOSED for the remainder of the year. Follow us on social media and we will announce when submissions open for our next compilation – typically around January. Thanks for being here! We also still have our submission rules below for your convenience.
PLEASE READ ALL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES BEFORE SUBMITTING!! FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN YOUR SUBMISSION NOT BEING RECEIVED/ACCEPTED!!
If you write chiptune, nerdcore, 8-bit, vaporwave, synthwave, synthpop, noise or anything that might relate to these genres, (we have had everything from 8-bit rap to alternative pop to heavy guitar licks over chiptune) we would be glad to have you. We publish our compilations online through Bandcamp, Apple Music, Amazon, Spotify and various other outlets and all the proceeds go towards spreading the concepts of neurodiversity, our sensory interactive exhibits and helping us achieve our mission. There is no executive somewhere getting a paycheck off of this. Seriously. Our earnings go towards our vision of a neurodiverse future and improving our presence at our events to reach more people and remove the stigma of mental illness in the process.
Our guidelines are easy:
- Submit a chiptune/nerdcore/synthwave/bitpop/nintendocore or whatever chip-genre in WAV format, uncompressed preferred. The less manipulated the waveform / sound file is, the better. Have some silence at start and finish. Try to keep your sound files below -6 dB – if you don’t know what that means, just try not to record it so loud it distorts. (I recommend a free program like Audacity for help avoiding this.) We proudly accept a wide variety of chip-genres – vocals are OK, instrumentals are also OK, collaborations are also OK! Feel free to add guitars and other instrumentation as well. We also dig experimental or abstract works too. You can rap if you want / feel up to it. Like I said, NO LIMITS on genre.
- Please submit an original track. We don’t ask to own your track, but we only ask that it is exclusive for at least a month after we release it (in some cases, previously released material NOT featured in a compilation may be accepted – just ask). Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and put [SUBMISSIONS] in the title!
- Original tracks only, no covers, no remixes, no tributes : please do not use recognizable musical elements from currently existing game music. ACCEPTABLE: Using a shout sound file from a video game character, like Ryu’s grunt in Street Fighter, in a drum beat or as a sound effect. NOT ACCEPTABLE: Taking the Mario theme and throwing a beat under it.
- Please include a text or doc file to give us your name, artist handle, any social media info and your thoughts, inspiration and idea behind your track. Also include any requests for mastering (fade outs, bass boosts, whatever). We tend to copy your ideas verbatim to the Bandcamp so make them good! You also need to include your legal name. (NOTE: We do NOT share your legal name. It is largely for copyright purposes and required by our aggregator. Don’t worry. We will gladly respect your privacy.) PLEASE MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE THIS TEXT DOC – IT IS AN INCREDIBLE HASSLE TO HUNT DOWN LINKS AND MEDIA LINKS DURING RELEASE TIME. DO THIS SO WE CAN LINK OTHERS TO YOUR WORK SO THEY CAN SEE HOW INCREDIBLE YOU ARE!
- Our compilations always have different themes. If you need help with realizing these ideas, check out our previous compilations for inspiration! Generally, anything titled or themed or inspired by/about neurodivergence, acceptance of self, mental states, challenges and positivity are welcomed!
- Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, (.com also works!) preferably in a Google Drive or Dropbox link (any fileshare is fine as long as its downloadable). Make sure permissions are set to edit so our masterer can make a copy to polish. (We WILL NOT share this link.) Extensions may be asked for under circumstances. Just ask, as sometimes mastering takes a while. If you send a Soundcloud download link, make sure it is PRIVATE (We do need it exclusive after all). Please send a link to a file in the method above.
- VERY IMPORTANT: We always respond individually to each submission when we receive it. This is important to us because, one, we appreciate your submission and two, to notify you if we have trouble getting it. If you don’t get an email from us in a week to let you know we got it, you are welcome – and encouraged – to email us again!
- If you have any questions, feel free to join our Facebook Community, hit us up on Twitter or Discord or you can email us directly.
- After the first month, you are free to do whatever with your track! And you may contact us if you would like a copy of the master.
WRITING OR ART
- We are always accepting writing, art or comics on neurodivergence, real life experience by neurodivergent people or discussing neurodivergent concepts. We ask for NO EXCLUSIVITY rights and merely request that we may post it on our blog. You are free to share, reshare and use it on other platforms. We merely ask for the privilege of using your content to spread the word about neurodivergence, the challenges and issues we may face, and we VERY MUCH want content from ACTUALLY AUTISTIC people.
- Any racist, xenophobic, homophobic, sexist, ageist and ableist content will not be accepted under any circumstances, ever.
- Any content with “cure language” or extremely negative connotations about autistic people will also not be accepted.
- Email your work to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject [SUBMISSIONS – (insert medium here)], i.e. [SUBMISSIONS – WRITING].
- We are always accepting writing and art. Thank you for your time. And if you are interested in doing our album covers, please let us know if you are willing as we always welcome new artists and the chance to give them a place to showcase their work!