We are currently accepting submissions FOR Volume 4: Infinite Potential! Please adhere to the guidelines below! The deadline is April 30th 2019!
If you write chiptune, nerdcore, 8-bit, or anything that might relate to these genres, (we have had everything from 8-bit rap to heavy guitar licks over chiptune) we would be glad to have you. We publish our compilations online through Bandcamp, iTunes, Spotify and various other outlets and all the proceeds go to our partners!
Our guidelines are easy:
- Submit a chiptune/nerdcore track/whatever in WAV format, uncompressed preferred. The less manipulated the waveform / soundfile is, the better. Have some silence at start and finish. Try to keep your soundfiles below -6 dB – if you don’t know what that means, just try not to record it so loud it distorts. (I recommend a free program like Audacity for help avoiding this.)
- Please submit an original track. We don’t ask to own your track, but we only ask that it is exclusive for at least a month after we release it.
- Original tracks only, please do not use musical elements from currently existing game music.
- Please include a text or doc file to give us your name, artist handle, any social media info and your thoughts, inspiration and idea behind your track. Also include any requests for mastering (fade outs, bass boosts, whatever). We tend to copy your ideas verbatim to the Bandcamp so make them good! Also, if you prefer to be known/credited to a handle than your real name for songwriter credits, let us know!
- Your track should be about neurodivergence, or accepting people who are neurodivergent, or have an uplifting message. The concept behind Volume 4 is the potential of neurodivergent and autistic people. If you need help with these ideas, check out our previous compilations for inspiration!
- Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com, preferably in a Google Drive link. (Make sure permissions are set to edit so our masterer can make a copy to polish.) They should be received by April 30th 2019. (Extensions may be asked for under circumstances. Just ask, as sometimes mastering takes a while.) WE WILL NOT ACCEPT SOUNDCLOUD OR BANDCAMP LINKS – please send a link to a file in the method above.
- Ideas for these conditions were taken from the Chiptunes=Win Compilations, run by President Hoodie. Thanks to him for the ideas.
- If you have any questions, feel free to join our Facebook Community, hit us up on Twitter or can email us directly.